SSC CGL 2017: scheme of examination and pattern
SSC has lately introduced its notification of SSC CGL 2017 for recruiting candidates under various governmental departments and ministries as a Group-‘B’ and ‘C’ gazetted or non-gazetted posts. The online application will be accepted from 16thMay, 2017 (5 PM onwards) to 16thJune, 2017 (until 5 PM) @ssconline.nic.in.
In this article, we will talk about the latest exam pattern and appearing criteria for various posts. Let us have a look for it.
SSC CGL 2017: Latest Exam pattern
As per the stated notification, the commission will conduct the examination in four tiers i.e. Tier- 1 & 2 (computer based), Tier-III (Descriptive type / Pen-paper mode), and Tier-IV (Computer efficiency or skill test or document verification). Tier-IV is not necessary for all posts.
|Tier||Examination mode||Examination scheme||Marks||Time duration|
|I. General Intelligence & Reasoning- 25 questions||50||
– 1 hour – (total)
– 80 Min- VH candidates
|II. General Awareness- 25 Questions||50|
|III. Quantitative Aptitude- 25 Questions||50|
|IV. English Comprehension- 25 Questions||50|
|I. Quantitative abilities- 200 Questions||200||
– 2 hour – (total)
– 160 Min- VH candidates
|II. English Language & Comprehension- 200 Questions||200|
|III. Statistics- 100 Questions ( Not compulsory for all posts)||200|
|IV. General Studies (Finance &Economics)- 100 Questions (Not compulsory for all posts)||200|
|III||Pen and Paper Mode||Descriptive paper in Hindi/ English (Writing of essay/ Precise/ Letter / Applications, etc.)||100||– 1 hour – (total)
– 80 Min- VH candidates
Remember the following points in the above context.
- Interview is dispensed from the examination scheme. Hence, there will be no interview for any posts.
- Commission reserved the right to make changes in the examination scheme.
- There will be a 0.50 negative marking for each wrong answer in Tier-1 & 2 except Paper-2 of Tier-2 as there is a provision of 0.25 negative marks only for it.
- The merit will be prepared on the overall performance in Tier- 1, 2 and 3 which means you have to qualify in all three tiers. There will be no sectional cut-offs.
- Candidates qualified in Tier-1 will be allowed to appear in Tier-2 exam and commission have discretion to fix minimum qualifying standards in each components of the examination whether it is Tier-1 or Tier-2 or Tier-3 or category-wise vacancies and number of candidates.
- In Tier-2, Paper-I & II are compulsory for all posts whereas paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for Junior statistical officer (JSO) and Paper-IV for Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10thLevel, Paper-II of 10+2 Level and Paper-III will be of graduation level.
- Commission will set separate qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC/PH/ExS/General categories.
- For the post of tax-assistants, you are supposed to press 8000 key depression/hour where 2000 key depression in 15 minutes will be of qualifying nature.
- The skill test will be qualifying in nature.
Keeping above criteria in mind, start preparing yourself for the CGL exam 2017. We at jagranjosh.com are dedicated to present all necessary information to you regarding SSC jobs, exams, and results. For recent updates, Go through our job alert webpage.