ABOUT BANK EXAMS
If you want to become a manager in the banking industry, the first thing is, you have to become a Probationary Officer (PO). A PO starts as a trainee officer in the Junior Management Grade Scale (JMGS) of the bank and can rise to the highest levels, becoming a General Manager, an Executive Director or even the Chairman of the Bank.
Arundhati Bhattacharya is one of the best example who joins as a PO in State Bank of India and now, she is a chairman of SBI
Various nationalized and Private banks conduct their own PO exams to recruit candidates. While different banks may have their own eligibility and selection criteria, the broad prescribed format is as listed below.
IBPS, an autonomous body, has received a mandate from the participating organisations mentioned at, to conduct the
exam for recruitment f probationary officers/managment trainees, once a year. IBPS will make arrangements for conducting online preliminary examination, declare result of online preliminary examination, inform the shortlisted candidates about the online main
examination, declare the results of the main examination and inform the shortlisted candidates about the interview.
Interviews will be conducted by the participating organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each state/ UT.
Prospective candidates will have to apply to IBPS after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of
examinations, interview and provisional allotment, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of
prescribed application fee/ intimation charges, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc. and ensure that they
fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
follow site PARTICIPATING ORGANISATIONS
Canara Bank Indian Bank Syndicate Bank Andhra Bank Central Bank of India
Indian Overseas Bank UCO Bank Bank of Baroda Corporation Bank Oriental Bank of Commerce
Union Bank of India Bank of India Dena Bank Punjab National Bank United Bank of India
Bank of Maharashtra IDBI Bank Punjab & Sind Bank Vijaya Bank Allahabad Bank
Any graduate within the age group of 20 to 30 years (for SBI 21 to 30) is eligible for the CWE.
There is relaxation in the upper age limit is for candidates from reserved categories.
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
PRE EXAM PATTERN
rencontre 71 louhans Sr.No.
tuttosuopzionibinarie Name of the Test
opcje binarne da się zarobić No. of Questions
frau sucht mann wels Maximum Marks
go here Duration
Composite time of 1 Hour
MAINS EXAM PATTERN
IBPS Mains exam will contain 200 questions which will be of 2 hours. The pattern of the Mains exam is:
site de rencontre rare et gratuit Name of the Test
mujeres solteras en lomas de zamora No. of Questions
buy viagra online now Duration
Composite time of 2 Hour
(with special reference to Banking Industry)
Important Note –
Marks obtained by the candidates in the Main examination will only be considered for shortlisting for Interview and preparation of final merit list.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers marked by the candidates in both Preliminary and Main Examination which implies a penalty of one – fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to the particular question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cutoffs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
Interview: After getting the position in the list of shortlist of the candidates for CWE PO -III, the particular organisation will be called for the interview. The total marks for interview are 100. The marks should not be less than 40% to qualify the interview. The weightage ration of CWE Exam and interview should be 80:20.
1. Reasoning –
2. English Language
|TOPIC||EXPECTED NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||5-10|
|Paragraph Complete/ Sentence Correction||5|
3. Quantitative Aptitude :
|TOPICS||EXPECTED NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||3|
|Profit & Loss||2|
|Mixtures & Alligations||1-2|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||1-2|
|Work & Time||2|
|Time & Distance||2|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||1-2|
|Sequence & Series||5|
|Permutation, Combination & Probability||3-5|
4. General Awareness –
This would primarily focus on all news based items from various fields like sports, awards, summits, new appointments, obituaries, Indian Defense, etc. Please be thorough with newspaper, preferably “THE HINDU”.
- Indian Financial System – Overview of Financial Markets (Money Market, Capital Market, Forex Market, Credit Market), Financial Intermediaries involved (like investment bankers, underwriters, stock exchanges, registrars, depositories, custodians, portfolio managers, mutual funds, primary dealers, Authorised dealers, self regulatory organizations, etc. Also read important committees and its recommendations.
- History of Indian Banking Industry – (Pre Independence, Post Independence, Nationalisation), Structure of Indian Banking, Types of Banks (Scheduled, Co-operatives), categorisation of Bank (Pvt, PSU, Foreign), NHB, SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, IDBI its role etc and concept of NBFC.
- Regulatory Bodies like – RBI, (RBI History/ Functions/ Roles/) SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC etc its role functions and fact based details
- Monetary & Credit Policies who decides, basis of change and its relation with Inflation and other related issues & Inflation (Types) CRR/ SLR/ Repo/ Re-Repo/Bank Rate etc.
- Budget Basics and Current Union Budget – Discussion of Budget related terminologies like GDP, Fiscal Deficit, Various kinds of taxes, Government revenue model and spending etc. and discussion on Union Budget 2014. Also major pointers for Rail Budget and Economic Survey to be read.
- International Organisations/ Financial Institutions – IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN related agencies, recent development in them members heads etc functions, recent loans given by them to India or any country in the world where Crisis is going on.
- Capital Market & Money Market – Concept, Types of Instruments they deal in like (1. Call/Notice Money 2. Treasury Bills 3. Term Money, 4. Certificate of Deposit 5. Commercial Papers or Capital Market Instruments like equity Shares, preference shares, or Debt segment like Debentures etc also talk about Stock Exchanges in India and world.
- Government Schemes – All important schemes for ex. Bharat Nirman, Swavlamban, Swabhiman , All schemes discussed in budget – the details like when was it introduced, important facts related to same, budgetary allocation etc.
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies – Frequently discussed in newspaper
- Other important concepts like – BASEL, Micro Finance, Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments, Credit Rating Agencies, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending and all other important concepts.
5. Computer Knowledge –
|4||Communication (Basic Introduction)|
|5||Networking (LAN, WAN, MAN)|
|6||Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)|
|7||Security Tools, Virus, Hacker|
|8||MS Windows & MS Office|
|11||History of Computers|