Arun Jaitley hands over LRSAM to Indian Navy
- Defence Minister Arun Jaitley handed over the Long-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) jointly developed by India and Israel, to the Indian Navy at Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL) at Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad. The first batch of LRSAM, being inducted into the Navy, was symbolically handed over to Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, the vice-chief of naval staff
- The Rocket Motor Static Test Facility was dedicated to the nation by Arun Jaitley at BDL’s Ibrahimpatnam Complex located near Hyderabad. An amount of 48 Crores spent on this facility.
- The Union Minister inaugurated ASTRA Manufacturing Facility. Astra weapon system is an indigenously developed Air-to-Air Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile developed by DRDO. It comprises of Astra Launcher and Astra Missile. It is designed as a BVR missile with a range of 110 Km in head-on mode and 20 Km in tail-chase mode. BVR missiles are the latest in air to air combat.
- He also inaugurated the 5 MW Solar Photo Voltaic (SPV) Power Project at BDL, Bhanur Unit, Telangana State. As part of Govt of India’s Jawarharlal Nehru National Solar Mission(JNNSM).
Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba on 5-day visit to India
- Nepal’s PM Sher Bahadur Deuba made his maiden visit to India as prime minister. Eventhough India and Nepal has some areas of concern in recent days his arrival confirmed Kathmandu’s abiding interest in strong ties with India.
- India and Nepal signed eight memorandums of understanding (MoUs)
- Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba Visits Infosys,T-Hub and Taj Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad.
Key issue that poses a threatto India – Nepal relations
Arun Jaitley inaugurates manufacture of light combat helicopter at HAL
On August 26 2017 Defence minister Arun jaitley, inaugurates the 5.8-tonne category Light Combat Helicopter(LCH) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL) design upgrade program (Hawk – i) to our nation at HAL(bengaluru)
- On November 7, 2016, the defence ministry had cleared Rs 2,911-crore for the procurement of 15 LCHs as a “limited series production” (LSP) order. These LCHs are built at HAL’s Bengaluru helicopter complex
- The army ordered 114 LCHs, and the air force another 65, which will be built at helicopter production facility in Tumku.
- The cost per LCH is 231 crores as per 2017-2018 prices.
Karnataka tourism dept launches Dasara package on Golden Chariot
- Karnataka’s Department of Tourism has announced Dasara Special Tour Packages announced on 28th of Aug 2017.
- The department has planned to launch the ‘Dasara Special Tour Package’ in the Golden Chariot Luxury Train, to promote the state festival.
- The Golden Chariot is South India’s first and only luxury tourist trainrun by Karnataka State Tourist Department Corporation (KSTDC).
- The first trip will run from September 23 to 25, and the second from 29th September to 1st October.
India, Germany sign pact to improve grid integration of renewable energy
- India and Germany has signed an agreement on technical cooperation under the Indo-German Energy Programme – Green Energy Corridors (IGEN-GEC) on 28th Aug 2017.
- The main aim of this programme is to improve the sector framework and conditions for grid integration of renewable energy.
- It will help in training manpower in India to ensure grid stability and ensure more and more integration of renewables in the country..
President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Chancellor: Angela Merkel
France holds migrant summit seeking European unity
- The main focus of a summit of Europe’s ‘big four’ continental powers is getting Europe’s migrant crisis under control. It is hosted on 28th of Aug 2017 by French President Emmanuel Macron.
- French president has also invited three African nations to the talks held in Paris.
- The meeting hosts the leaders Germany, Italy and Spain as well as the leaders of Chad, Niger and Libya, aimed to assess the situation.
European foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini will also attend the meeting and emphasise the importance of an united European front on the matter.
Leaders at the meeting will presented a migration action plan, notably on tackling the economic model of people traffickers.
- The roadmap would include ideas on fighting people traffickers, asylum rights and stabilizing chaotic Libya.
President: Emmanuel Macron
PM: Edouard Philippe