- MoHUA is the new name for urban development & housing ministry
- The government has merged the ministries of urban development, and housing and urban poverty alleviation on 7th July– involved in policy making in urban areas – to form the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.This is third time the ministries have been merged
- The centre has cleared the decks for the Reliance Aerostructure proposal for the development of the Dhirubhai Ambani Aerospace Park with related infrastructure facilities and services at Mihan SEZ (Nagpur) on 10th of July 2017.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Government of West Bengal to set up a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine on 10th of July 2017.
- According to Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare data the first phase, wherein these facilities are to come up in Chennai and Kolkata.
- The government is going to organise a global food fair in November 2017. The Food Fair will be organized to provide a platform to Indian farmers and manufacturers so that they can showcase their products and explore partnerships with foreign companies.
- The three-day World Food India 2017 is being organised on November 3-5 by the Food Processing Ministry.
- The World Food India is aimed at creating India a Global Food Factory and Global Food Retail Market.
- According to the UN’s health agency New drugs is needed to treat against gonorrhoea. It is a sexually-transmitted disease threatening and out of control as it develops resistance to existing antibiotics.
- The British government has launched a new project the ‘Grand Trunk Road’ to mark the 70th anniversary of India’s Partition in August 1947.
- The Grand Trunk Roadhas tied together India and Pakistan and their diverse cultures and faiths for millennia.
- This project will highlight the rich history that British Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus share.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has amended its earlier order asking banks to initiate bankruptcy proceedings against 12 companies which have outstanding loans amounting to over Rs 5,000 crore as on March 2016.
- The next tranche of sovereign gold bond (SGB) scheme will be launched by Government on July 10, 2017. This time is providing a 2.5 per cent annual interest to investors.
- A new tax payer service module ‘Aaykar Setu’, was launched by the Union Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley on 10th of July 2017.
- This module compiles various tax tools, live chat facility, dynamic updates and important links to various processes within the Income Tax Department in a single module.
- This e-initiative would help in reducing physical interface between assesses and tax assessing authorities.
- It will bring a new step by the Income Tax Department (ITD) to directly communicate with the taxpayers.
- India will be going to import crude oil from US and the shipment is expected to touch Indian shores in October for the first time in history. It has been announced on 10th of July 2017.
- The government has exempted the import of aircraft, aircraft engines and its parts on lease from the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Mother Terasa’s blue border sari which worn by nuns of Missionaries of Charity was recognised as Intellectual Property of Missionaries of Charity on September 4, 2016, the day the Mother Teresa was canonized..
- During the ‘Maruti Suzuki Sportsperson of the Year’ Charity Gala Awards Rio Olympics silver medallist P V Sindhu was bagged with the Sportsperson of the Year award on 8th of July 2017.
- P Gopichand(Sindhu’s coach) received the Coach of the Year award and Sikh Milkha Singh was given the Living Legend of the Year award. Young India cricketer K L Rahul was awarded with Game changer of the Year award. The 2008 Beijing Olympics gold medallist Abhinav Bindra was given the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- On July 10 ,2017 Climate and energy efficiency solutions company Danfoss India has been recognized with the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ for Environment Management.
- During the 19th World Congress on Environment Management’ in the presence of Supreme Court Justice Kurien Joseph, the award was presented in Hyderabad. Ravichandran Purushothaman is a President of Danfoss India.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- The Madhya Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched the RSS website on 10th of July 2017.
- A programme organized in Bhopal on 10th of July for the dedication of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh’s Sewa Prabhag website “Sewagatha” has been launched.
- The website will energise and inspire people to do good work and people to come forward to serve others.
- It will also strengthen their good values and open the way for positive environment in the society.
- This organisation creates citizens who live for the society. Swayam sevaks dedicate themselves totally towards service to enlighten the society.
- Website creator Swapnil Parkhiya highlighted the technical aspects of the website. It is mobile friendly and can be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
- Asian Athletics Championships 2017 Overview – India finish on top in medals tally
- The 2017 Asian Athletics Championships was the 22nd edition of the Asian Athletics Championships. It was held from 6 to 9 July 2017 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India. Bhubaneswar was the third Indian city to host Asian Championships. Around 800 athletes from 45 countries attended the event.
- The mascot of Championship was Olly, the Olive Ridley sea turtle.
- Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas dominated the Austrian Grand Prix to take his second victory of the year ahead of Sebastian Vettel as Lewis Hamilton recovered to fourth.
- Valtteri Bottas drives Mercedes.The event took place in Baku , the capital and largest city of Azerbaijan
- Australia’s Daniel Ricciardo finished third behind Vettel, making it his fifth podium in a row.
- Veteran actor Sumita Sanyal, who was well known artist in both Bengali and Hindi films, passed away at the age of 71 at Kolkatta on 9th July 2017.
- Sanyal was introduced in the movie, Khokhababur Pratyabartan which released in 1960.
- Sanyal acted in over 40 Bengali films and she was best known for her role in Bollywood flick Anand starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khan
- Former Indian Ambassador to U.S., and Padma Vibhushan awardee, Naresh Chandra (82) died at Manipal hospital at Dona Paula near Panaji on 9th July night.
- Naresh Chandra was conferred Padma Vibhushan in 2007.
- Veteran water expert and former Cauvery Technical Cell Chairman A. Mohanakrishnan died on 9th of July 2017.
- Mohanakrishnan served as the Chairman of the Cauvery Technical Cell (CTC)since its formation in 1990 till December 2012.
- He served under different Chief Ministers and offered advice on various water projects in Tamil Nadu.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
- Amit Bhardwaj, the founder of Amaze Mining & Research Limited, has launched his third e-book ‘Cryptocurrency for Beginners ‘ in the series, after ‘Cryptocurrency Trading for Beginners’ and ‘Cryptocurrency Mining for Beginners’.