- President Pranab Mukherjee on 9th July launched digital initiatives Swayam, Swayam Prabha, National Academic Depository and National Digital Library in New Delhi to push e-education in the country.
- On 6th and 7th July, 2017, National Security Guard (NSG) organised First International Aviation Security Seminar in Manesar, Haryana.
- This seminar was inaugurated by Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha on July 6, 2017, whereas Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (I/C) Rajiv Pratap Rudy attended the seminar on the second day
- Indiais planning to invite the leaders of the 10 ASEAN nations for the Republic Day parade for 2018. It has been announced on 8th of July 2017
- Civil Aviation Ministry on 8th July hosted the First edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity. The session was chaired by the Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju and the Union Minister of State for Civil AviationShri Jayant Sinha .
- Delhi’s Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on 8th July, 2017 announced a new health scheme to enable capital’s residents avail free surgery in private hospitals at government’s cost. This would be applicable in case government hospitals were unable to operate within one month.
- A two days Regional Conference on “Good Governance and Replication of Best Practices” will begin in Nainital, Uttarakhand from 9th of July.
In the first session on 7th July 2017, two presentations will be made:
a.One on the Paperless Himachal Legislative Assembly
b.Another on Good Governance Index
- The 2017 G20 Summit was the 12th meeting of the Group of Twenty (G20), which was held on 7th and 8th July, 2017, in Hamburg, Germany.The theme for this year’s G20 Summit was “Shaping an Inter-connected World”.
- The Informal BRICS Leaders meeting held in Hamburg, Germany. The leaders had discussed preparations and priorities for the forthcoming Xiamen BRICS Summit.
- According to the World Bank, India is emerging as a front runner in the global fight against climate change,with a sweeping commitment to solar power, innovative solutions and energy efficiency initiatives to supply its people with 24×7 electricity by 2030.
- India will soon get a seat on the Global Foreign Exchange Committee (GFXC), a newly-constituted forum of central bankers and experts working towards promotion of a robust and transparent forex market.
- Nepal SBI Bank, a subsidiary of the State Bank of India, on 8th July launched its fully automatic digital banking services sbiINTOUCH in Kathmandu.
- This is for the first time the State Bank of India has expanded the paperless banking system outside India.
- Nepal Rastra Bank Governor Chirinjibi Nepal, SBI Banks chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya and Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri, jointly inaugurated the new service in Nepal.
- Actor Ranveer Singh has featured in GQ’s Most Influential Young Indians 2017. ‘Baahubali’ actor Prabhas with other actors have featured in the Most Influential Young Indians Artistes list by GQ India magazine.
- Academy Award-winning composer AR Rahman has been shortlisted for the World Soundtrack Awards for his upcoming film, Viceroy’s House.
It is a film directed by Gurinder Chadha, a British filmmaker of Sikh origin, “Viceroy’s House”
- John Joseph has been appointed Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DG GSTI) on 9th of July 2017.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect taxapplicable throughout India which replaced multiple cascading taxes levied by the central and stategovernments. ♦ It was introduced as The Constitution 101 Amendment Act 2017 following the passage of Constitution 122nd Amendment Bill. ♦ The GST is governed by a GST Council and its Chairman is the Finance Minister of India. ♦ Under GST, goods and services are taxed at the following rates, 5%, 12% and 18%,28%
- Queen Elizabeth hires first ever black assistant Major Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah A new personal assistant selected by the Queen is to become the first black assistant who will serve as the first black equerry in British history. It has been announced on 9th of July 2017
- Incumbent Raninder Singh was on 8th july, 2017 re-elected president of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for a four-year term in Mohali. Raninder is the son of Punjab Chief Minister Capt. Amarinder Singh.
- The National Rifle Association of India is affiliated to International Shooting Sport Federation, Asian Shooting Confederation, Commonwealth Shooting Federation, South Asian Shooting Confederation and Indian Olympic Association. ♦ Headquarters : New Delhi ♦ Founded :1951
- Teenage Atthaya Thitikul became the youngest winner on the Ladies European Tour on 9th of July 2017.
- Atthaya beat Ana Menendez of Mexico by two strokes.
- The Ladies European Tour is a professional golf tour for women. ♦ It was founded in 1978. ♦ It is based at Buckinghamshire Golf Club near London in England.
- Former Bengal and Jharkhand First-Class cricketer Gour Ghosh passed away on 9th of July 2017.He was 77 years of age.
- Gour was right-hand batsman and wicketkeeper.
- He played 17 First-Class matches in a career spanning 1960-61 to 1970-71.
- Actor Nelsan Ellis was best known for playing Lafayette Reynolds on the HBO series “True Blood,” has died at the age of 39.